Ronda tagged me, and asked me to share seven random facts about myself. So here goes...
1) I am a perpetual people watcher. I could sit somewhere for hours and just stare and be nosey by listening to other people's conversations. When Mr. Wonderful and I go out on dinner dates we have to be strategic about where I sit, otherwise I am a lost cause. Good luck trying to keep me engaged in conversation. And I LOVE spending time with Mr. Wonderful. It has nothing to do with who I am with. I just start staring off without realizing it. I have a serious problem.
2) I heart Reese's peanut butter cups. But not just any Reese's...I LOVE the holiday Reese's - the Reese's Christmas trees, or the Valentine's hearts, or the Easter eggs. LOVE them! These are my favorite because they don't have the rough ridged edges on them. They are just smooth chocolate surrounding that sugary peanut butter goodness. My mom will often give Mr. Wonderful and I a six-pack of these for each holiday. I eat all of them. Mr. Wonderful does not even get one. I eat one per day until they are gone. (This is not as selfish as it sounds...Mr. Wonderful is not a big candy guy.) Again, I have a serious addiction. (Are we seeing a trend here?!)
3) When I laugh hard, my nostrils wiggle uncontrollably. Let me tell you that it's pretty ridiculous looking. This is a great source of amusement for Mr. Wonderful and he makes fun of me for this quite often. One of those endearing little embarrassing traits, I guess.
4) I am a talker. I like to call myself "A Great Communicator," but that's just my conceited way of justifying another one of my quirks. I talk all the time. If I am not talking, then there is likely a problem. I talk to people. I talk to my dogs. But I also talk to myself. I praise God for the invention of Blue Tooth cell phone technology. Not because I have one or have ever used one for that matter, but because now the other drivers on the road will just assume that I am on the phone and not some crazy woman having a full fledged conversation with herself. In reality, it is very much the latter. This is another source of great amusement for Mr. Wonderful. He often will sneak up on me while I am getting ready in the morning in the bathroom. I will be talking away to myself and he just lurks and listens. When he finally shows his face, he is usually cracking up. Wonderful, just wonderful...
5) I carry my dog like a baby. We brought Capri home from the Houston SPCA when she was only 8 weeks old. She was so tiny. She and I continue to have a special bond as she is my "baby" for now. So when I carry her, I hold her on my hip like a baby. She loves it.
6) I don't like to sweat. When I was two years old my parents bought me a new shiny red tricycle. After several failed attempts to get me to ride it, my mom finally asked me why. My response, "It makes me sweat." When I was a kid my brother used to give me a hard time because I could only play outside for about 10 minutes at a time because I would get too hot. It made it difficult to have a good game of kickball in the culdesac. And even now I am most often found inside. In fact, my first time to ever work in the yard was just the other week. Because of my disgust with all things sweaty, I have never been athletic. When I can get into a routine, I do like working out, though. Before I started fertility treatments and was put on activity restrictions, I was a regular in spin class and other aerobics classes. And over the past several months I have also had a growing desire to be a runner. My friend Chels (who has run multiple marathons) said that she would work with me when my fertility treatment season is over. Maybe my twenties have brought a new season, and I am finally outgrowing this not liking to sweat thing. Wow, Erica, let's not get carried away now... ;)
7) I LOVE to dance! Another reason to add to my list of reasons why I love attending weddings - because where else do I really get the opportunity to dance these days? Well, I guess in my living room too! I love to two-step and line dance, but I also love to shake my booty! I really love hip-hop songs because I can throw all inhibition to the wind and just have fun. One of my personal faves to dance to is Usher's "Yeah!" I know it's a few years old now, and that the lyrics aren't the best either, but it has such a great beat. Every time I hear it I can't help but shake what my momma gave me!
Ok, now I tag:
Jennifer Woolley
Jaclyn
Michelle Perry
Jody
Katie Bell
If you decide to participate, here are the rules:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share seven facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Erica - this cracked me up! I can see you as a little girl telling your mom you don't like to sweat. Hilarious!
I too like to talk. I often wear myself out!
Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment