Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

We're up bright and early this morning, getting ready to head down to the medical center in about an hour or so. I will be back later today to post an update on today's procedure, but first thing's first...

Today is Mother's Day. No secret to any of you, I'm sure. If you've forgotten it's only because you've been living in a hole. There have been TV commercials for weeks, banners up in every store, people talking about gift/celebration ideas all around. And rightfully so. Today is one day out of the year that is set aside to celebrate our Moms.

Mr. Wonderful and I have two extraordinary women in our lives to celebrate today. My Mom, Kathy, is unbelievable. God knew exactly what He was doing when he gave analytical, perfectionist me to this fun-loving, patient, people person. I learn more and more from her each year. And Mr. Wonderful's Mom, Jane, is one of the most gentlest, kindest, strongest woman I have ever met. Her faith and eternal perspective never cease to amaze me. We will be visiting with both of these ladies today, and despite our morning's activities, we specifically prayed last night for extra strength to be able to love on these women today.

I also want to wish a special Happy Mother's Day to all my friends. Many of you are celebrating your first Mother's Day either because you have a new baby or a new pregnant belly. I pray this day is extra special and full of sweet memories for you and your family!

On another note, today brings a whole different set of emotions and pain for women like me who are struggling to grow their family. Would you please pray and ask the Lord to protect us from Satan's attacks today? Ask the Lord to encourage us and protect us from discouragement and feelings of defeat? A girl named Courtney recently left a comment on my blog and when I went to read hers I found this great post about Mother's Day: click here. I hope you don't mind, Courtney, but I thought this was beautifully put.

I'll be back later today with an update! Please keep praying for our embryo babies and for today's procedure! Thanks!

2 comments:

Court said...

Erica ~ I have been thinking of you this morning and praying for you on this extraordinary special day for you and your hubby. May God bless you with peace and patience as you wait on His perfect timing for your sweet family.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. It's always neat to see God working in each other's lives, as we all travel along our journeys to building our families.

Jaclyn said...

Happy Mothers Day Erica! I am praying for you and your embryo babies...i am glad they are with their mommy now, where they belong. I will be checking back to see how everything went this morning!