Sunday, May 11, 2008

Miracle - Part VIII

It happened! It really happened! We had our transfer procedure this morning! PRAISE GOD! When we got to the waiting room, the nurse came out and told us that it would be just a few more minutes. She said that when they got us back to our room, we'd get changed and they were ready to take care of the procedure. Once she shut the door to the waiting room, we were like giddy school kids. We looked at each other in pure excitement, and I think I shrilled a little. It was at this point that we knew we had some thriving embryo babies! PRAISE GOD!

The procedure went smoothly. Not the most exciting or comfortable thing for me, but overall it was fairly easy. We ended up transferring three embryos this morning. Of the five that were developing strong at the check earlier this week, only three had continued developing. None of the three transferred were at the blastocyst phase, which is ideal at the time of transfer. However, the doctor said that they were at the stage right before that and they should become blastocysts later today. He explained that they normally do transfers in the afternoon (since it was on the weekend, ours was in the morning), and had our procedure been this afternoon, one or more of the embryos transferred could have been at blastocyst.

Awww...isn't that cute?!

We are thrilled! Dr. Chauhan and the nurse that performed the procedure this morning were wonderful and very positive. We were able to see our three embryos in my womb on the ultrasound screen before we left (they looked like small white dots). The nurse even said, "Look! There's the Brothers' babies!" It was a moment I will never forget, nor ever take for granted. It was amazing.

We are far from out of the woods. Right now the embryos are basically just floating around in my womb. In the next few days, they will need to continue to develop and attach/implant into my womb in order to survive.

Please, please, please continue to pray for our embryo babies! Please ask the Lord to keep them in His care and to continue to develop them. I will continue with the fun progesterone shots, but beyond that I will have no further doctor's appointments or tests for a couple of weeks. I will go back sometime before the end of the month to have a blood pregnancy test to learn the results. I will likely not share the exact date of this test, just so that Mr. Wonderful and I can have time to process things together first. We covet your continued prayers in the meantime - for our embryo babies and also for our sanity. As you all know, waiting can be so tough. I know it will be hard for me not to read into every little thing my body does.

We so appreciate your continued love, support and prayers! Please take a moment to praise God with us for another miracle!

6 comments:

Court said...

Praising the Lord, with you, that everything went well today. We'll continue to pray that the embryos attach and develop in the coming days and weeks...and that the Lord will give you peace and patience as you wait!

sarah h said...

Ditto to Court... Praise God!! I'm so glad you were able to go forward with the transfer. We watched our watches during church this morning to pray. We'll continue to lift up your babies!

Happy Mother's Day, friend!

The Boudreaux Family said...

Yay! Praise God! Terrific news! We will continue to pray for you and your little ones. He is so awesome! Happy Mother's Day my friend. :)

simpsontwins said...

What an amazing morning for you two. I thought about you and said an extra prayer for you this morning. We will continue to lift you, Colin and the babies up in prayer. Love to you all!

Rusty and Jennifer said...

Isn't it the most amazing feeling in the world to see those little precious babies placed into your womb? What a great gift for you this mother's day! I know that you feel so blessed to be one step closer, to have them inside of you to love and nurture! We are praying!

Shane and Laura said...

We are so happy that you finally made it to this point. It is amazing seeing the embryos, isn't it? Jacob and I said a prayer for you this morning before church. He does understand that you are having to work extra hard to havec a baby, just like we did for him. We will pray that God will give you peace over the next two weeks.