Thursday, June 5, 2008

In Need of Prayer

We had an appointment/ultrasound with the doctor this afternoon. I can hardly type the results. There were no sacks, no babies, no heartbeats. To say that we are upset is a gross understatement. There are no words for this kind of shock, grief, and horror. I would not be honest if I did not also say that we are both very angry.

The doctor is extremely concerned that I am having an ectopic (or tubal) pregnancy. He saw something suspicious on my right side during the ultrasound. This would also be the explanation for the increasing HCG hormone count. I had blood work taken this afternoon and will likely need to have additional tests in the coming days. Please pray for wisdom for our doctor as he reviews the test results and makes decisions. An ectopic pregnancy is very dangerous and can even be life-threatening. Depending on how the test results come back in the coming days I may need to have surgery. This news is very scary to us.

I normally put a lot more thought into my posts. The only reason I have enough strength to slap this one together is because we desperately need your prayers. Thank you for continuing to walk this journey with us.

24 comments:

Ronda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ronda said...

I hope you forgive that I don't always have the right words. Please know that we love you guys, grieve with you both, and are interceding on your behalf. Words cannot express my sorrow for you and my concern.

Nalley Family said...

We are praying for you and Colin.

Anonymous said...

I can't even say how sorry I am. I feel completely depleted after reading this post. Erica and Colin, you are both beautiful people and I am so incredibly sorry that you are having to experience this. You will continue to be in our prayers.

Love, Nicole and John

cristina said...

aching and praying...thankful that the Holy Spirit intercedes when we do not have words...

Cheryl Kay said...

Oh, Erica, I'm so, so sorry. I can't even begin to know how difficult this is for you and Colin. I am praying for you and Colin and we're here if you need anything at all. It's ok to be angry. Believe me, I'm right there with ya!
I love you guys.
Cheryl

Jaclyn said...

Oh Erica...i am aching for you and Colin. I don't even know what else to say right now. I am so sorry. We all love you...you are not alone.

Jeanne said...

Our prayers and love are with you. Aunt Jeanne and Uncle David

Rusty and Jennifer said...

I have checked the post and my email 100 times today, waiting on your report from the doctor. I am devastated for you guys. We both know that there are no words to say right now. Know that we love you and that you are being covered in prayer. I wish I was with you, I just want to hug your neck! Please call me if there is anything I can do.
In the mean time, I am praying for a miracle!

Marianne said...

We are praying.

sarah h said...

Crying out to the Lord for you...

Margaret said...

I'm praying for you.

Jenny said...

My sweet friend... we grieve with you. We are angry with you. We are so sad. I wept in the car when I heard the news.

I don't know what to say.

We are praying. You can know that for certain.

love ya'll....

Booyah said...

This is beyond anything I can understand.

There are zero words.

Love.

All my love.

Jon and Sally said...

Covering you...
Sally

Court said...

Praying for you and Colin!

Anonymous said...

Praying for you and your husband today! You guys are strong enough to handle anything. Just remember there are people out there who CARE.

The Boudreaux Family said...

Deeply saddened, continually praying, still believing and praising God even if it hurts. We love you guys.

JessicaB said...

I cannot even fathom what you must be feeling right now. All I know to say is that I am heartbroken you are going through this. We love you and are lifting you up.

Christie said...

Prayers and prayers coming your way.

Anonymous said...

Erica and Colin,

My heart is breaking for you. Please know that you are in my prayers!

Meg said...

I wish I could spare you this hurt, E. Please don't lose hope. There is NOTHING God can't do. I know you hear that all the time so I want to give you a real life example from a close friend of mine and her family from just recently. My friend's oldest brother and his wife were pregnant with their first child and very early in the pregnancy they discovered that the baby had a herniated diaphram. Because of this all of his organs were out of place and he was not and would most likely not develop lungs. The doctor gave the baby horrible odds of survival - only 20%, 1 in 5,and told the couple that even if the baby did survive, he would never be "normal." The doctor's recommendation was to terminate the pregnancy. They didn't name the baby or have showers or set up the nursery because the odds were so stacked against them, but they did trust in the Lord and decided to keep the baby. He was born on March 17, 2008 (which was before his due date) and had to have one surgery, which they were able to do in the first 24 hours because he was so strong, and now he is healthy and strong and going to have a normal, happy life. We will be praying and hoping for you because NOTHING is out of God's reach.
This is the link to their blog if you are interested. http://www.rakesfam.blogspot.com/
You know I am only 5 hours or 1 phone call away if there is anything you guys need.

simpsontwins said...

Erica, We are praying for you both. I have no words, just faith.

Jen said...

I came to your blog through Jennifer's blog. I'm so very sorry for you loss. I can't imagine what you and Colin are going through. Please know that you are in my prayers.