Wednesday, June 4, 2008

New Friends are Blessings from the Lord

Yesterday was a day that I was looking forward to for a long time. In fact, our friends the Nalley's from church randomly had this experience a couple weeks ago, and I was so jealous when I found out.

What the heck am I talking about?

Meeting my friend Jennifer in person!

Jennifer and I met via e-mail through one of our mutual friends about a year ago. And the Lord beautifully crossed our paths again through the blog world! I am confident that it was the Lord who helped me to stumble upon Jennifer's blog a few months ago. As I read some of her story there, and specifically read of her new journey with infertility, I was immediately drawn to her. The Lord impressed it upon my heart to "introduce" myself to her in a comment. I knew how lonely I had felt at times in my journey, and I thought she may like hearing from someone who was traveling a similar path. Sure enough, we hit it off immediately. We began regularly encouraging each other through blog comments and e-mails, and we also began praying for one another. In our few short months as friends through the blog world the Lord has blessed us with the ability to support and pray for one another through some big highs and painful lows.

Yesterday we finally met in person for lunch at the Cheesecake Factory! In the days leading up to it we kept joking that it was our first date! We felt like we had been online dating and now we were finally meeting in person. I think we were both a little nervous about making a good first impression! Ha!!

It was such a blessing, though, to finally be able to hug this girl whom I have grown to love and who has become a powerful prayer partner. We could hardly order our food, let alone eat it, because we couldn't stop talking! I left so encouraged and with a huge smile on my face. But then as soon as I got in my car, I began thinking of all the other things I wanted to talk with her about and other questions to ask. I guess she and I will have to get together again real soon!

When you have some time, I encourage you to drop by Jennifer's blog and get caught up on what the Lord is doing in her life. It's a beautiful story. I feel privileged to journey with Jennifer and call her my friend.

3 comments:

Rusty and Jennifer said...

Thanks, Erica! You said it all so much more eloguently than I did! I should copy and paste it on to my blog!
I am so happy that we FINALLY had the chance to meet and talk. We definitely need to do it again soon. There is so much more to catch up on!
I saw the Nalley's again last night and I told them about our first date. They were very excited for us! :)

Sharon said...

I am so excited the two of your finally met. I check your blog everyday and we have you on our prayer list in Orange, TX. Jennifer is such a precious daughter-in-love to me! We will continue to pray for a healthy pregnancy for you.

Rusty and Jennifer said...

OK, this is really random, but I just re-read my comment and noticed a typo. It is bugging me too much not to acknowledge that I know how to spell eloquently!
I know I am crazy OCD, but glad that you like me anyway! ;)