Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Momentum

I have this problem where once I don't write on here for a while, I forget that I even have a blog and more importantly, I can't think of anything whatsoever to write about. For me, writing begets writing. So when I have an absence due to an unusually busy past month, once that busyness is over, I can't start up again. I can't think of anything to say or write. I am totally blank.

But I am making myself write in hopes that something interesting will come out...

I know one reason that I haven't blogged in awhile is because I am embarassed. I know that I can't blame everything on Hurricane Ike (it's become a joke at work - anything that goes wrong or falls through the cracks is Ike's fault), but the storm was a big disruption in our lives. I personally lost momentum. Specifically, I lost momentum and focus on our road to adoption.

I am embarassed to write that our application is still not turned in. It's been over two months since we started the paperwork, and it still sits in our study! The forms and questions are 99.9% complete, but for some reason that last 0.1% is taking forever. We have not made it a priority. So the goal for this week is to finish the last few items and turn the whole, ginormous packet in at our class on Saturday. Please hold me accountable for getting this done! No more excuses!

On another note, today - October 15th - is National Day of Rememberance for pregnancy and infant loss. It means so much to women like me that there is a day set aside to honor and remember our precious, littlest family members that have gone Home before us. I had a sweet time of reflection this morning thinking about my little angels in Heaven. I look forward to the day when I too will go Home to Jesus and get to hold, smell, kiss and love on all sixteen of my babies! It makes me homesick just thinking about it... The loss of these lives is still very painful for me and something that I struggle with everyday. Although their lives were short, these babies are all very real to me, and they will forever be in my heart and a part of our family. Angie Smith wrote a beautiful post on her blog today about this Day of Rememberance. She asked women to leave comments if they would like prayer about their pregnancy/infant loss. Last check there were over 800 comments. I encourage you to check her blog out and take some time to pray for the women/families who are remembering today.

On a lighter note, tonight it's my turn to host small group! I'm looking forward to a having the house full of some of my favorite people. It's rainy outside today, and I'm making my friend Kelli's "Firehouse Chili" for dinner.

Rain + chili = perfect combo in my book!

Plus, chili reminds me of what I think camping would be like. (I don't know for sure because I've never really been camping.) And since we still don't have any overhead lights in our kitchen/breakfast nook (that really is Ike's fault!), we'll be having our chili dinner with our friends by candlelight! So we're sort of roughin' it tonight! Fun times!

Have a great Wednesday!

6 comments:

Tricia Keierleber said...

I got on here today cause I too ready Angie's blog, and I wanted to acknowledge your babies today! :) I am glad you read her blog.

Keep in mind that maybe the reason you have not finished your paperwork is because God wanted it to be on HIs timing, not yours. :) Can't wait to meet you later this month!

praying for you today! :)

Court said...

Oh Erica...do I completely understand your post...and remember all too well, that last .01% of the application process. It is a killer! I will be praying for you guys to get it all done before Saturday.

I know it's been said many times before, but you know that it's been the story of our journey...all in God's timing, my friend! Keep trusting in Him...and give yourself a little break every now and then :)

Love ya!
Court

Jenny said...

I'm glad you're back. I've really missed your blog!

Praying for you for that last 1%

:)

Lindsee said...

Totally feel you on the momentum thing. I do the same thing. I'm either REALLY into blogging, or I am just a total slacker! No apology necessary, though. We still love you, Erica!

Glad you are back and praing for that 1%.

Lindsee

Sharon said...

I am glad you are back. I was worried about you and I fully expect that packet to be turned in today (10/18/20)!! I just know you completed it and have it ready to turn in at your meeting.

We, too, blame everything on IKE at our house (oops make that travel trailer) and I can tell you for sure that camping is not fun. :)

sarah h said...

You can do it!! Hope y'all enjoy the class today and the relief of turning in your packet. You're getting closer to a precious little one! yay! Have a great weekend.