Friday, December 19, 2008

Home Study - Part 1...Complete!

Thank you so much for all of your encouragement and prayers yesterday! We definitely felt your support last night as we met with Jill.

The evening went very smoothly. Mr. Wonderful and I both felt like we clicked well with Jill. She was extremely sweet and easy to get along with. (My exclamation point theory was right!) PRAISE GOD - the whole experience flowed very naturally.

The joint part of the interview progressed with ease. I must brag on my man and say how blessed I felt sitting next to Mr. Wonderful as we answered the questions together. It was so apparent to me how well we compliment one another in personality. And my heart was so full as I heard him talk about caring for foster kids and their special needs. I fell in love with my man all over again! Jill even said at one point during dinner that she could tell "good things are going to happen in this family." We felt so humbled, blessed, and excited about all the possibilities!

After dinner Mr. Wonderful went back into our bedroom, and Jill interviewed me alone. She and I spent nearly two hours together going through pages of questions mostly about my background, childhood, and family. A little after 9:30 (after 4 hours of total interview), we reached a good stopping point and wrapped up for the evening.

So Jill will be coming back on this coming Monday to interview Mr. Wonderful alone and then finish up my part of the interview (she said she had 5 more pages of questions for me!).

Now before you all start laughing out loud thinking that long-winded Erica is the reason for the two evening interview, I'll have you know that is not the case! :) The Arrow home study takes about 8 hours to complete, so Jill had always intended to do this over two evenings with us. For some reason I interpretted her e-mails to say that we would get it done in one evening. Oh well!

We also learned a little more about our timeline too. Jill will be completing a 21 page report based on the information she gathers during our interviews. Once Arrow has a chance to review her report, then one of the guys there will come to the house to officially license us (give us our licensing number and a certificate to post in our home). So it looks like we will be official in the next few weeks - maybe sometime during the first full week of January!

Jill also predicts that this will move very quickly for us. (Sounds like we are blessed with a lot of advocates at Arrow who are on the look out for us.) I think it's very possible that we could get our January baby(ies) afterall! :)

10 comments:

Jaclyn said...

Yay!!! I am so thrilled to hear that everything went well. I prayed last night for you and your growing family, and I promise to continue to do so! Ahhhhh!!!!!

Lindsee said...

Erica!!! I am BEYOND excited for y'all. I am so glad everything went smoothly and know that Monday night will go equally as well! Early January will come SO fast! Praying for y'all...and I totally mean that!

sarah h said...

yay!!! That is wonderful news! I knew they/she would love y'all. Praise God that it is going so smoothly and that Jill picked up on the good things God has in store for the Brothers household. Can't wait for the rest of the story!! Have a good weekend!

Rusty and Jennifer said...

I don't know what to say except.... YEA!!!!
How exciting. I know that you must have relief to have (the first stage) out of the way. Now, you know what to expect for the next one and hopefully it won't be quite as stressful.
Baby(s) in January? WOW. You have waited so long, I know, but now it must feel like it is happening so fast. Whether you have 1 month or 9 months, I don't think that you ever feel totally prepared to be a parent. You are going to be such an awesome mom, though and I cannot wait!!!

Carissa said...

Praise God!!! I'm so excited for you guys! I just cannot wait. I know the rest of the interview will go just as great and I'm praying that you get your babies home soon!!

Court said...

Erica ~ I've been waiting all day for an update but for some reason my reader didn't tell me that you had anything posted until just now! ugh! Anyway...I'm so thrilled to hear how well everything went. See, I told you that you had nothing to worry about! Hopefully you weren't surprised by any questions. I should've told you that it could take 2 different days b/c now that I think of it, that's what happened with us.

I'm praying for you guys and for your child/ren and all that God is going to do with your sweet family. Can't wait to hear more!

Hugs, Courtney

The Boudreaux Family said...

I am so excited by this news. January babies...I love it! It makes our shopping date so very important. I'm looking forward to it. Congratulations on coming this far. I know you are probably on the edge of your seat waiting for these little one(s). Keep it up, the finish line is almost here.

God is GOOD!!!!!

Becky Perez said...

I'm SOOO excited!! I'm so thankful everything went well and I'll be praying for the rest of the interview. What an amazing experience.

Nalley Family said...

I am so happy for you guys!! I am glad everything went so well with your interview. I am praying for you guys and for the babies the Lord will be bring you soon!!!

Becky Kiser said...

that is awesome erica!! i'm so happy for y'all!