Thursday, December 18, 2008

Today is the Day

The day we take the final step in the licensing phase of our Road to Adoption.

The day we invite a caseworker into our home for the first time.

The day that we do our best, with God's help, to communicate who we are - the good and the not so good.

The day we try to put the impossible into words -
* how deeply we desire to have children,
* the love we already have for these little ones whose faces we don't yet know,
* how diligently we will try to live a life that shows Christ to these kids,
* the depth of our loyalty to one another - no matter what life brings,
* how committed we are to do our best to provide a loving, stable home.

The caseworker (Jill) should arrive around 5:30 this evening. I am making dinner for the three of us. She will interview us together and separately. She expects that we will be done around 10, if we stay on track. I am grateful that she wasn't business formal in her e-mail communication with me but instead used lots of exclamation marks - I think that means she's nice! (I like people who use exclamation marks!)

I am so thankful for my many "journey" friends who have encouraged me, shared their experiences with me, and given me pointers for tonight. A special thanks to Courtney who spent nearly two hours on the phone with me earlier this week. I am strengthened, at ease, and have no doubt that the Lord has already gone before us.

If you think of us tonight - maybe as you gather your family for dinner or as you pray with your little one before you lay them to sleep - please send up a prayer on our behalf. We so appreciate your covering and support.

As soon as I have a chance (probably tomorrow) I'll let you know how things went.

This is the day which the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. -Psalm 118:24

10 comments:

Sally said...

I am so excited for you and will be praying diligently!

Jenny said...

This is SO exciting!! We will definitely be praying for you!! And I am not using this many exclamation points on purpose!!

LOVE YOU!!!

:)

Court said...

As you already know, I have been praying :) and continue to do so today! I am so glad that I could be of some help the other night. I know that I appreciated those that had gone before us on our journey to encourage us at each important step...so I was (and continue to be) more than happy to share, listen and encourage you on your journey! Again, breathe, be yourself, relax and remember...Jill is there to make sure she make you just as fabulous on paper as you are in person! :) ~ Courtney

Katie said...

Hi Erica! I don't know you, but am a friend of Jen's and want you to know that you will be in our prayers!

Katie

JessicaB said...

We are praying too! I have no doubt that Jill will leave absolutely thrilled about having you and Colin as parents in their program. Don't worry it will be evident how wonderful you guys are :)

Sharon said...

7:01 pm - just got home from work and read the blog and prayed for all three of you!!!!!!

Marianne said...

Praying for you guys right now. I know it is going just great! :)

Carissa said...

I hope all is going well! I have been thinking about you guys and praying for you! I know you guys will make great parents and I hope it's as obvious to the casework as it is to everyone else!!

Lindsee Lou said...

Prayed for y'all. Can't wait to hear how it went! I am sure it was great! :)

Ronda said...

I was definitely praying and can't wait to hear how it went!!!!