Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Answer to the Question Posed Below....

A BIG FAT YES!!!

We've got a license, friends!

Now the "real" waiting begins...

The licensing guy said that their caseload has lightened up recently. It could be a couple of weeks before we hear anything.

We are trusting and believing that God has already hand-picked our child(ren) and it is just a matter of time before He brings them to us.

We'd appreciate your continued prayers. Please pray that God would grant wisdom to the Arrow workers as they screen cases to determine if we are a match. And that we will have discernment when we get a call to know whether or not the child(ren) being presented are the ones God has for our family. (We have the ability to pass if we don't feel comfortable.)

Thank you for all your support, prayers and encouragement! And thank you for never giving up on our family, even when it felt like our prayers last year were going unanswered. Thank you for believing that God was at work on our family's behalf and that He would bless us with children somehow.

This expectant mom (um, that would be ME!!) can hardly wait for the day when I can introduce our little one(s) to you!

19 comments:

Sharon said...

Yippee! I have worn this site out today looking for a "big fat yes!"
Praise God and I am still praying.

Anonymous said...

Yeahhhhhh!! I'm so excited for you guys!

Nicole

Court said...

Got your message! PTL! I am so happy for you both. I know that the Lord's hands are on you and your child(ren). Keep seeking Him, believing that He is the ultimate creator of your family and He will indeed bring just the right one(s) to you. I am confident, that while you are seeking Him, He will make it clear.

As you know, we turned down a match when we were with the first agency ~ and it was devastatingly (is that even a word - ha!) hard to do. But like I told you, you and Colin know what the Lord has placed on your hearts. You two alone are the only ones who can determine if the case(s) presented fit into what you feel you are being led to. Pray pray pray...God will reveal Himself to you. And if you have to say no, that's ok. I know that for me, it was part of my refining process and a test of my ultimate trust in our Lord!

As for the timing, God knows. New cases come up every single day. You never know what could happen, but thankfully the Lord does. In the meantime, enjoy this victory in the process. It's one of many to come!

Hugs and blessings!
Court

Carissa said...

Whoop!! Now that you're offically an expectant mother, do you get to park in those close parking spaces at the grocery store??

I'm so excited for you, Colin and your little one(s)!!!! Is it ok for me to be this excited even though I'm not the expectant one? because I can't really help it :-D

Rusty and Jennifer said...

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so excited for you, I can hardly stand it!!

Erica said...

Best of luck!! I am sure waiting is the hardest part....

Becky Perez said...

erica, I'm SO happy and I'm checking your blog everyday waiting to hear that your child/children are finally home!! please let me know if you need ANYTHING when they arrive (or before then :)

cristina said...

yay! SO EXCITED for you guys! can't wait to see how God grows your family. :)

oh, and i love the new look....i was JUST here minutes ago...

Court said...

I see you checked out the cutestblogs website...love the new background :)

I got your email and I'll be replying shortly!

sarah h said...

YAY!!! Congrats! God has a wonderful story written about your family and I can't wait to hear the next chapters!! woohoo!

Lindsee said...

This makes my heart leap for joy for y'all. So exciting! Can't wait to meet the new family member(s)!

Kristin said...

Congrats Erica! I can't wait to hear that you and Colin have gotten great news!

Ronda said...

Yea for a license!!!!! I hope you and Colin were able to go out and celebrate! The Lord laid you on my heart first thing this morning. Now we will keep praying for the kiddo or kiddos the Lord brings into your hearts and your home. Enjoy your last few days or weeks with Colin. Mommy, your life is about to change! :-)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!! I have been following your story (ie blog stalking) the last few weeks and I am so excited for you guys!!! Praise God! You and your family have been and remain in our prayers

Katherine "Butler" Dahmann

Jaclyn said...

Ahhhhh!!!!! SOOOO EXCITED!!! I just can't even believe it. Any day now you will have the child(ren) that belong with you, their mommy and daddy. Please let me know if you need anything. Enjoy watching whatever tv shows you want and going out to eat whenever you want while you can. :) Things are about to be beautifully crazy!!!

Jocelyn said...

YEAH!!! SO excited for you guys. This will be a tough time of waiting, jumping every time the phone rings, feeling that longing like never before! I seriously don't know how women do the whole waiting for 9 months. This is your "expecting" time... the time of wondering, waiting, daydreaming, praying and praying and praying. I will be praying for you guys too. For the child that is out there yearning to be where you are too. That was probably the oddest thing to me- thinking that somewhere out there was a child that was to be in my home... wondering what they were going through, praying for their safety, their comfort. Now is the time to prepare your hearts like never before. God has the perfect child for you guys all ready chosen. Get caught up on sleep, get caught up on lazy times as Jaclyn said. It will be crazy, but it will be absolutely wonderful! Congratulations!

kristyo15 said...

Coming out of lurking to congratulate. Praise the Lord, for He is good! Any child will be blessed to be in your home. Congratulations!

Susanna said...

Sooo...I'm kind of a secret blog reader of yours (I'm Katie Bell's friend from England BTW) sorry! Anyway...I just wanted to say congratulations and I'm really happy for you guys. You know, I was adopted as a baby because my mother couldn't have kids. And I was so thankful to my birth parents (who I don't know) for chosing adoption instead of the alternatives and they specifically asked that I be placed in a Christian home. I was always so touched by that. Anyway...we pray that the Lord would grant some child(ren) to be raised up in your home. What a blessing to have Him as our Life.

Susanna Diggines

Albus Adventures said...

Erica:

My name is Becca Albus and I'm friends with Wendy Stephenson. I'm the one she emailed you about who was interested in Arrow. We have begun the training and though I am a social worker with another foster care agency, I would love to share this journey with other believers in Christ. Feel free to check out our blog! Hope to talk to you soon and CONGRATS on your verification!!