January 26, 2009
I am grateful for the wonderful anticipation in my life right now. For all the excitement about what we believe and trust is right around the corner. I am blessed by all the love and support of our friends.
And even still, I will always remember.
Today was supposed to be our due date. By now we would be holding our three precious angels. Three babies that we only knew of for a handful of days, but whom are etched into our hearts forever. Three little ones that we prayed for, we planned for, that we loved dearly. Three that we wanted to bring into our home, but will instead only know their true home, Heaven. Three children that were always His to begin with.
Within days of our miscarriage I began having this deep longing for something tangible to remind me of my babies. I knew that to the world my children's lives were short and as such would fade from memory with the passage of time. But I had already fallen in love. Those babies, my babies, are pieces of me. And that will not die. I never uttered a word of this to anyone, not even Mr. Wonderful. I thought people may think it weird. But the Lord knew my heart. He always knows just what we need. And a short time later my sweet friend, Carissa, came to my house and gave me this figurine. It is perhaps one of the best gifts anyone has ever given to me.
This angel sits in my living room, and when I see it I will always remember.
Lord, Thank you for your faithfulness on this journey. Even today. You never let go...
Monday, January 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
I couldn't believe that your post and this post were both in my blogline today. I really think God wants me to share with you another piece from this day in history...
http://tannerjon.blogspot.com/2009/01/4-years-ago.html
(These are our friends that worked with Arrow and live in College Station.)
what a wonderful gift, one that you will love forever.
My heart hurts with you today, but also is full of excitement of what is to come for you and Colin...perhaps even this very day!
You are such a good mommy Erica..I have a feeling I will be learning a lot from you.....
I woke up with you on my heart, knowing what today would bring for you. My heart breaks for you and the fact that you never got the chance to know these babies. I cannot wait for the day that you and I sit in Heaven COVERED in all of our babies! What a beautiful reunion it will be.
I believe that God is going to fill your aching arms soon.
Love you!!!
Thinking of you today...praying that the Lord comforts you as only He can and praising Him for the blessings that only He can bring! Hugs, Court
I am thinking and praying for you and Colin today. My heart hurts for you guys, but I am excited about the Lord has for you guys.
I'm praying for you Erica and I am so glad that there is some major joy in your future!
You have a unique ability to make even sad words sound so beautiful. The way you praise God in the midst of your struggles is something I admire about you, Erica. You give God the glory no matter what. Thank you for encouraging all of us to be that way in our lives. We are still praying for you!
Beautiful.
Thanks for sharing your heart. That's a sweet tribute to your little ones. :)
My heart just hurts reading this post. The passage of time may dim the sting a little but it will never erase the loss. I pray the Lord encouraged you on Monday in more ways than one and continues to encourage you as you wait upon Him to bring into your home those He has already hand picked for you an Colin.
Love you!
This is Jamie. Thomas set up this blog for us so I am trying to get into it and start blogging! I was just wondering around reading old blogs and came across this one. I cried as I read it b/c it made me also remember. This spring Thomas and I would have a child turning 4. Even though it was a suprise pregnancy, we were very excited and devestated when we lost it. I don't know if I will ever fully understand why we had to go through that, but I have seen so many times how God has used that experience to help me be there for others, especially in the field that I work in. I look forward to meeting our little angel in heaven too.
Post a Comment