Sunday, March 15, 2009

Girls' Weekend

My beautiful friend Kelli married her beloved, Steven, this weekend, and I had the honor of standing up with her to support her on her special day! The weekend was full of fun festivities and celebrations. And the big day was amazing!

I found out 9 days before Kelli's wedding that God was blessing me with my beautiful son. After the initial craziness of Nate's arrival settled, I quickly realized that I had a small predicament on my hands. I knew that I could not miss my precious friend's wedding for many reasons, the least of which was that I had committed to be a bridesmaid. But how was I going to be in a wedding in Dallas with such a tiny bundle of joy?! Mr. Wonderful and I debated for days whether or not to take Nate with us and bring my mom along to tend to Nate. But then we decided that it would be best for Mr. Wonderful to stay at home on Daddy-duty while I made the trip. The little man was just too small to make the road trip. Plus, I thought I may be a bit distracted - hmm...ya think?!

My amazing friend Jennifer lovingly and selflessly agreed to make the road trip with me and be my date to the wedding. It was amazing how God orchestrated her work schedule so that she could come along, and it was a true gift to me because I seriously do not think I could have been away from my boys without her.

Jennifer and I had a wonderful time together. We laughed, we cried, we made lots of memories I will not soon forget. The Lord used our time together to grow us closer to each other and He revealed Himself to me further through this amazing woman. Thank you, Jennifer!

Here are some fun pics from the weekend:


The beautiful Mrs. Steven Morse

The happy couple

The fun wedding party

My hot date & Me!

What an amazing weekend! And what a wonderful ending to come home to my sweet boys!

P.S. The first three photos above were taken by Kelli's beautiful, fun and talented photographer Kate of Juxtapose Photography! She's fabulous; check out her site!

2 comments:

Rusty and Jennifer said...

Though I know how hard it was for you to leave your boys behind, I am so thankful for that time that we had together that weekend! What a great opportunity to get away! It was an honor to be your date, but even more of an honor to be your friend.
Thanks for the memories!

P.S. You would have been very proud of my eye make-up this week! :)

sarah h said...

Sounds fun! You look beautiful too! Love the up-do!