Yes! Believe it or not...
WE ARE ALIVE!!!!
I am so sorry for the blog absence. Life has just been busy. Busy, busy, busy. Nate is getting bigger and bigger (over 13 lbs now!) and he is becoming more and more alert. We are having so much fun bonding with him - his smile, his laughs and coo's have captured our hearts!
The biggest change in our house is that I have returned to work. I have been back for a little over a week now, and the transition has been pretty smooth. This is largely attributable to the fact that Mr. Wonderful has been able to work from home for the past couple of week and so each morning I leave my little man in very capable hands. What a blessing!
Thank you for your continued prayers about Nate's case. We had our first CPS visit at the house tonight, and it went beyond smoothly. PRAISE GOD! Both Mr. Wonderful and I really like Nate's caseworker. She is sweet, sharp and very supportive. As I've mentioned before CPS is required to do research and attempt to locate Nate's birth family. A few weeks ago they had a lead, but since then there have been some interesting twists and turns. The caseworker found out some new information late today that she is going to pursue in the next day or so. Please continue to pray that God's will would be done and that He would give us peace in the wait.
Thank you all for your continued prayers. Sometimes it makes me so sad that I cannot share pictures of my sweet boy with you, and it means all the more that many of you are thinking of us and praying on our behalf for a sweet face that you have yet to behold. So I'll leave you with this jewel in hopes that it can tied you over for a little while longer.
Love to you all!
Photo courtesy of the amazing Jennifer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

14 comments:
I was wondering where you were! So glad to hear things are going smoothly. I love that pic of your hand with Nate's! Too adorable! I hope your transition back to work has been good and I'm sure having Colin at home with him has made for a much easier transition.
Oops, I forgot...I'm your anonymous...
Nicole
Thanks for the update. I check your blog daily - just-in-case! Love the picture.
So glad to hear that the first home visit finally got rescheduled and that it went well. The 1st one is always a bit nerve wrecking! We continue to pray as you both ~ especially in the midst of all the unknowns and "what ifs". Thankfully we can rest knowing that God is completely aware of what is going on and is in control.
Love LOVE the picture!
We are meeting with Maggie's new adoption caseworker this morning @ 10...will keep you posted on how that goes.
Still praying for all the bumps to be smoothed out! What a sweet sweet picture!
Such a precious shot! Glad to hear things are going well for you and that returning to work has been an easy adjustment.
You're back! Blogworld has missed Erica :)
Thanks for that sweet picture. I'm so beyond thrilled that you are a mommy!
love you
No apologies for being blog absent. You have a sweet lil' blessing that needs your attention! However, I am glad things are transitioning smoothly. And, what a sweet, sweet picture!
What a sweet, sweet picture! I hope Colin & Nate have some serious bonding time while you are gone to work. After I went back, Russ was home with Campbell for a few months. It was such a precious thing for me to come home every day and see my two loves so happy together (although her clothes never once matched!). It was such a blessing for us!
It took long enough for that pic to make the blog debut! :) I wish that all of your blog friends could see his sweet face. He is just the most kissable thing in the world.
You know that we are praying, as always.
We love each of you more than you know.
love the picture. God is in control.glad to hear things are going smoothly, love reading your blog.
Hey, hope you remember me. I really do enjoy reading your blog and I can really see God's wonderful work through your family.
Oh, what a sweet picture!!!! I hope we can chat soon! I can't wait to hear all about the things your little man is doing!
I'm glad to hear y'all are doing well! I was guessing that it was about the time that you'd be heading back into the office. How great that Colin has flexibility to work from home! I'm not sure when we'll be back in Houston, but when we do, I'll let you know. We'd love to see you and your little man! take care & enjoy the bank holiday~ :)
Post a Comment