Monday, June 1, 2009

3 Months!


My precious Naterade (that's what your daddy calls you now!),

Three months. THREE MONTHS!

I can hardly believe how fast the months have flown by yet at the same time I can't really remember our life before you. You continue to bring so much joy, so much love into our home. Your smile alone lights up the room and is so contagious!


You are growing so fast. I'm guessing you weigh at least 14 lbs. now, but we'll find out for sure at your check-up next month. You love to lay on your back, kick your legs, and squeal with joy! It makes your daddy and me laugh until we cry every time. It never gets old! You are very vocal and love to share what's on your mind! (Wonder who you're learning that from? Hmm... ;)
You are holding your head up like a champ now and are getting so close to rolling over. I'm thinking it will happen in the next week or two, so I guess I better enjoy my freedom while I can! Soon I will have to watch even closer as you become more mobile.

I fall more and more in love with you each day. I am continually humbled by the magnitude of the blessing of you. The Lord has been so good to us! There was a hole in my life for so many months, a longing in my heart that ran so deep it hurt, a missing piece in our family. And we can see now that God was working during that time to fulfill His perfect plan for us...YOU!

I pray that as you come to understand your adoption story that you will see that God never fails His people, that His way is ALWAYS the very best. Because, son, you are the absolute very best for us!


Love, love, love you,

Mommy

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

That was beautiful Erica. He is one blessed baby boy. It's amazing what they learn at this age, never in their life will they learn this much at one time... and you are there to foster that, to develop that, to help him with security, safety and love. Isn't it amazing how something so little and tiny and fragile can fill up what was seemingly such a MASSIVE hole? SO happy for your guys.

Thomas & Jamie said...

I once read a quote that I have loved from the moment I read it. During trying times when I am waiting on God to do something I haev to say it in my head over and over. "In God's kingdom, waiting time is NEVER wasted time." I am so thankful for everything God has done to make sure that you guys were ready and available when your sweet boy needed a mommy and daddy. His plan is always perfect, even if the journey is hard.