Monday, July 20, 2009

Randomness

Lots of thoughts in my head that I want to share, so a list will have to do. (I love lists!)

1. This weekend Mr. Wonderful and I took Nate on our first family jog! It was so fun to run around with him in the jogging stroller. And the best part - Nate LOVED it! He was so content, never fussed and just looked around the entire two and half miles in amazement! So fun! When we got back to the house it just so happened that our sprinklers were running in the front yard. So what's a hot, tired family to do? A spontaneous family run through the sprinklers, of course! Memories this mommy will cherish always!


2. Please pray for my buddy, Rusty. He was admitted to the hospital today to be treated for an infection. Pray for wisdom for his doctors and for a speedy recovery. And pray for sweet Jennifer, that she will have strength and patience to love and care for her man in this bizarre, frustrating, frightening time.

3. Did you all watch the Bachelorette "Men Tell All" tonight? Oh. My. Word. First off, frat boys is all that comes to mind for the first 1 hour 59 minutes and 30 seconds. But did you all catch the last 30 seconds of the show?! The preview of next week's finale? REID IS COMING BACK!! Do you even know how excited I am for Monday night?!! Can. Not. Wait. :)

4. I love my man! He is such a good husband and an amazing dad. He loves and serves Nate and me in the most creative, selfless ways and we are both so blessed to call him ours. Thank you, Mr. Wonderful, for taking my car to the gas station tonight to fill up my tank and put air in my tires. Thank you for proactively doing the dishes tonight. Thank you for unloading the dishwasher in the mornings and helping to prepare Nate's bottles. Thank you for knowing when to come up behind me and wrap your arms around me and kiss my neck. Thank you for playing with Nate - to watch both of your faces light up when you interact together is like my favorite scene from the world's best movie - I could watch it everyday for the rest of my life and I will melt every time. It will never get old. I love you, babe!

4 comments:

Court said...

Oh how I love lists, too :)

1. Love the sprinkler shot. So glad that Nate loved the stroller!

2. I have been getting all of Jenni's posts on Facebook (seriously - you need to get on there!) and hearing @ Rusty's ordeal. We're praying!

3. Girl. Oh. My. Word. is right. I could hardly watch it. I wanted to hit MUTE soooo many times. And they say women are catty?!?!? I knew that you would be excited @ Reid coming back! Should be interesting...most dramatic finale ever (ha!)

4. Mr. Wonderful is wonderful. You are blessed....as is he with Mrs. Wonderful :)

Rusty and Jennifer said...

1. What a sweet, sweet memory!

2. Thanks for the prayers! Things are not really any better today and it looks like we might be here a while.

3. I don't watch the bachelorette, but I feel like I need to so that I can keep up with all my friends. I never know what any of their blog posts mean these days.

4. I am so thankful that the Lord brought you and Colin together! What a wonderful pair! You are both SO lucky!

John and Joanna said...

I love hearing about your sweet family!! What a precious gift from the Lord!!

Ummm i am *beyond* excited that Reid maybe rejoining us...PTL!!!! I really liked him alot! Fingers crossed :)))

John and Joanna said...

Thanks for the comment :) on my morning run today i was deciding which pair to wear to church...decisions :)

P.S. Whats going to happen tomorrow... its Reid returning?? I can't hardly stand the suspense! HA!!!